It’s Organic October, and there are various ways to cut your toxic load this month. One way is by visiting restaurants serving organic produce, and there are several located around Singapore, especially in the city centre.
Here’s are 8 organic food and beverage outlets we recommend!
1. Real Food – Located at 3 venues in the city, Real Food (pictured above) is a vegetarian cafe offering Asian and Western cuisine, and also vegan and gluten-free options. The cafe owners are big on wellbeing, and this can be seen from the natural/organic products, books, magazines and CDs on the shelves. Open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 8.45pm, and they are open on Sundays from 10am to 7.45pm.
The Central – 6 Eu Tong Sen St, The Central #B1-52/53
Square 2, -10 Sinaran Drive, Square 2 #B1-105/106/129.
Killiney – 110 Killiney Road, Tai Wah Building
2. Nothing But Green – Serving both meat and meatless cuisine, Nothing But Green is a friendly, laid-back cafe which has healthy and affordable food. The shop also stocks skincare and food products. Want a discount this October? Look out for the “secret password” here. Visit them at 7 Tanjong Pagar Plaza, #02-102. Open Monday to Friday, from 10.30am to 9.30pm.
3. Create Healthy Lifestyle – Create Healthy Lifestyle is a humble, cosy vegetarian restaurant, with a rather affordable menu. Produce and food products are also available. Find it at 190 Middle Road, #02-17 Fortune Centre, open Monday to Saturday from 10.30am to 7.30pm.
4. New Green Pasture Cafe – This cafe has a colourful and unique array of vegetarian dishes, and the staff are very friendly. Water is free, and they serve a delicious soup at the cost of $1, proceeds go to their nominated charity. This cafe also stocks lots of food items. Located at Fortune Centre, 190 Middle Road, #04-22. Open every day except Monday, from 11am to 8pm.
5. Kampung Senang Eco-Kitchen – The kitchen decides the vegan, organic menu for the day, and patrons get to choose rice or noodles and pay what they wish. While there is no official price, the recommended contribution is $8. Their filtered water is free, and freshly squeezed juice and other drinks at available at a cost. Pop by next door for natural products and supplies. Located at Blk 106 Aljunied Crescent, #01-205, open every day except Sundays from 11.30am – 6pm.
6. LivinGreens – This is an organic, vegan restaurant which serves tasty Asian and Western cuisine. Pay them a visit at 89 Rangoon Rd, # 01-04, Urban Lofts, Mondays to Saturdays 11:00 am to 3:00pm & 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm, closed on public holidays.
7. Lins Smoodees – Lins Smoodees uses local and regionally sourced fruits and vegetables in their green smoothies, so it’s always fresh. Visit them at Valley Point, 491 River Valley Road, #01-13, or sign up for a package and have it sent to you. Open weekdays only from 8.30am to 5.30pm
8. Delcie’s Desserts & Cakes – Let’s not forget dessert, shall we? Delcie’s sells yummy healthy vegan cakes, has gluten-free options and is a great place for people with food allergies. Their shop can be found at Blk 34 Whampoa West #01-83, near Boon Keng MRT. Open everyday except Mondays from 11am to 8pm, and open on public holidays from 11am to 3pm.
Have a wonderful experience at these restaurants!